This has been 7 years in the making…
Where do I start, I’ve been waiting so long for this.
Not that I’m happy she’s gone…wait, yes, actually I am happy that she’s gone for a while. I’ll miss my lil shadow, but I intend on enjoying myself for the next month. No homework help, no carpool, no ironing clothes for the week. I could keep going, cause you see my tween is away for the next month!
- Hit the gym right after work: no rushing to make 6:30 pm pickups. Get you workouts in, no excuses.
- Pamper yourself – mani/pedi, massages: no paying for her nails to be done, only to have them scuffed up before we even leave the shop.
- Weekend getaways with your hubs/man/girlfriends: My point here – go somewhere with somebody! Doesn’t have to be fancy. My tween actually got mad about this one! She expected us to just sit at home while she was away.
- Have some knock free sleep: unless of course there’s some other kind of knocking going on! Ok, so my original thought here is not having a kid knocking on your door interrupting whatever. My child knocks like she’s a drug bustin’ cop. How can such small knuckles curl up to make that sound?
- Catch up on Game of Thrones (just finished all 5 seasons, thank you very much) or whatever R rated movie you’ve been waiting to see, free from Disney and Nickelodeon: Ah, freedom from sugar coated singing and dancing. Bring on the debauchery!
- Pee all by yourself: Don’t know about you guys but my child still sits outside the bathroom door and talks to me while I am handling my business.
- Work on your blog/your passion without hearing “Mom, look at me!”: Wow, to type an entire sentence…wait, an entire blog post without being called to watch her perform a scene from Teen Titans.
- Walk in your living room without stepping on doll accessories or rainbow loom stuff: Ok, so I was the sucker who bought the first rainbow loom. But, our vacuum can only hold so many of those lil rainbow rubber bands.
- Lounge, eat your favorite snacks with your favorite glass of wine in peace: Go ahead, eat your pretzels and hummus without seeing that lil hand reach over into your bowl.
Ok, so see how I made this list all about me? That’s why I stopped at #9.